Do you wake up with a headache or sore jaw? Are your teeth sensitive to heat or cold? You may grind your teeth at night.
Here are some tips to help with this medical issue, often referred to as bruxism.
- Reduce Stress-Stress is the main cause of teeth grinding. Here are a few simple ways to help alleviate stress.
Eliminate the major sources of stress, if possible.
- Get on a regular sleep pattern.
- Have fun and enjoy life. Unwind with friends and family.
- Have a balanced diet.
- Watch what you eat and drink before you sleep. Often alcohol and caffeine can be triggers of bruxism.
- Try not to clench your jaw or grit your teeth while you are awake. Try and relax your jaw when you notice you are clenching.
- Relax before bed. Try different methods, like listening to soothing music, while you are getting ready for or laying in bed. Try not to sleep with the television on.
- Contact your Dentist! We can help you diagnose and treat your bruxism!
Grinding your teeth can be a painful way to spend your sleeping hours. Getting relief is possible.