You can ask almost anyone, and they will tell you that they wish they could improve the appearance of their smile. Some people want whiter teeth, others want teeth that are longer, or to have that chipped tooth repaired. No matter what you want done, whitened teeth, a chipped tooth fixed, a gap closed, or a tooth lengthened, porcelain veneers can be the solution to your cosmetic issue!
You may be wondering what a porcelain veneer is, exactly. Veneers are thin shells that are made of porcelain and are adhered to the front surface of your teeth. Veneers can be designed by your dentist to be the shape, size, and color that you desire for your smile. A veneer is one of the easiest and least invasive ways to drastically improve the cosmetic appeal of your smile.
Veneers can correct that following defects:
- Discoloration that cannot be corrected via a teeth whitening system (e.g. discolored teeth from prescription medication)
- A gap between teeth that you want closed
- A tooth that is chipped
- A tooth that is not long enough or appears too short
What are the advantages of receiving a porcelain veneer?
- Veneers keep your teeth looking natural
- Your gums are tolerant of porcelain
- You determine the shape, size, and color of your veneer
- Porcelain resists staining from foods and drinks
- The procedure is minimally invasive
Do you live in the Sidney, Ohio area and want to learn more about veneers? Dr. Van Treese and his team want to see you! Our team is always welcoming new patients who have a desire to improve their smile and oral health. To schedule an appointment, click here.